Owners Clint Gaskins and Tyler Beckstead fell in love with St. John (as many do) over a decade ago and always knew it would be the location of their first restaurant together. Originally from Charleston, SC, Gaskins is an industry veteran with over 17 years experience in high-end restaurants, bars and hotels. Beckstead has over 15 years experience in restaurants, bars and charter boat services in Charleston, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Bahamas and Hawaii. Chef Kenny Claxton heads up the kitchen, producing inspired dishes focused on Caribbean flavors. Claxton joins The Longboard after cooking at The Terrace on St. John for nearly 4 years. He loves working with fresh, local ingredients, brings serious talent and an expertise in creating a balanced fusion of cuisines to tantalize your taste buds. Their combined expertise offers up a knowledgeable team to bring a new drinking and dining option to Cruz Bay.
- We do not take reservations. Table waits typically aren’t long, but we do get busy and have limited seating at tables for large groups.
- We have a waitlist! To check the current wait or add your name to the list, give us a call at (340) 715-2210, or click 'Join Waitlist' from our Google Business Profile.
- To avoid crowds or lengthy wait times, dine a bit earlier or later than usual. Our best availability is from 3-5pm and 8-10pm.
- We have gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options and can accommodate food allergies.
- We don't have a kid-specific menu, but we can amend many items on our menu to be more kid-friendly.
- World Famous Painkillers [at least in our world]. Our painkillers are frozen delights and we believe everyone (18+) should try at least one.
- Grab a spot at the bar and watch surf videos.
- We make our ginger beer and grapefruit soda in house and are pretty stoked about how great they taste (on their own, or in a Dark + Stormy or Paloma).
- Chickens are island friends and part of the Cruz Bay local flavor. You may find them strutting tableside to say hello.
- Our open-air porch is a great spot for people watching – known locally as ‘limin’.
- Our bathroom wallpaper is a collection of vintage surf magazine spreads from the 70’s, hand applied one-by-one.
- Directions from Passenger Ferry: Exit the ferry dock and go straight, taking a left when you hit the intersection. The Longboard is on your right.
- Directions from Car Ferry: Exit barge dock and veer right and go straight until you reach the circle. Take your first left (9:00) on the circle and head towards the heart of Cruz Bay. Take your first right onto Prince Street. The Longboard is on your right.